The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) provides a dynamic and action focused opportunity for young people at St Basils to contribrute to the running of St Basils. Young People are elected by their peers to shadow our Board of Directors and provide advice and expertise to the Senior Management Team. Members are involved in internal quality assurance inspections, policy and strategy decision making activities, delivering peer-led training and advocating on behalf of all St Basils Young People. St Basils recognises and values the unique expertise that Young People can bring to Service direction, delivery and improvement.
Are you a St Basils young person interested in joining the Youth Advisory Board and making a difference to other young residents like you? Please fill in our generic enquiry form: YAB Enquiry form and a co-ordinator will be in touch with you shortly.
Interested in setting up your own version of YAB? We are happy to advise other organisations and share good practice. Visit the Publications section to download a good practice guide or email questions to:
Current YAB Chairs Callan and Shemilee
CURRENT YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Callan Biggs Joint Chair: PRS, Bromsgrove
- Shemilee Gordon Joint Chair: JAC, Birmingham
- Sean Marsay - GC, Birmingham
- Shanique Dyer - Sum, Birmingham
- Luke Evans - NR, Bromsgrove
- Esinam Murray - CBG, Birmingham
- Sophie Williams - BC, Redditch
- Joel Osborne - CBG, Birmingham
- Jevon Ferlance - CG, Birmingham
- Lisa Chadwick - FS, Birmingham
- Mohamood Abdi - ECF, Birmingham
- Arnoldo Willamson - CBG, Birmingham
- Nicola Bhara - GC, Birmingham
- Gavin Singh - SH, Birmingham
Names of their accommodation projects are included as initials only to safeguard our young people.
- St Basils Youth Advisory Board honoured in City Housing Partnership 2012 Good Practice Awards for 'Involving residents'.
Read More >>>
- YAB ex Chair and Deputy to join St Basils Board through new Apprenticeship scheme. Read More >>>
Updated February 2013